Not too fancy, but not too basic. Not too expensive, but not too budget. Disney Moderate Resorts are just right for many families planning a Disney World vacation.
Disney World Moderate Resort Features
- Bus transportation takes guests from Disney Moderate Resorts to the theme parks and water parks. Some Moderate Resorts have boat transportation to Disney Springs.
- Moderate resorts have a counter-service restaurant as well as a table-service restaurant.
- There is a gift shop and arcade at each Disney Moderate Resort.
- Towels are provided at the main pool, but not at the smaller pools.
- Disney Moderate Resorts have lush landscaping that makes a beautiful backdrop for family photos.
- Each Moderate Resort has at least one outdoor children’s play area.
- Larger rooms than value resorts with two queen beds or one king
- Moderate Resort room doors open to exterior corridors and they do not have patios or balconies.
- Rooms have a mini-fridge.
- The maximum room occupancy of the standard Disney Moderate Resort rooms is four people plus one child under three.
- Port Orleans Riverside and the Caribbean Beach Resort have a limited number of rooms that will accommodate five people plus one child under three.
- Rooms with an adjoining interior door are available with limited supply.
- Value Resort check in time is 3:00pm and check out at 11:00 am
Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
The Caribbean Beach Resort is best described as “sprawling” and even has an internal bus system. Due to the building arrangements, it can be a long walk from your hotel to Old Port Royale – the location of the food court, gift shop, marina, and main recreational area. Each section of Caribbean Beach is named for an island – Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica. The Custom House sits at the entrance of the property and holds guest check-in, concierge services, airline check-in, and the Magical Express bus stop. The Caribbean Beach Resort has seven pools. The main one is located at Old Port Royale. There are eight bus stops in Caribbean Beach, so allow extra time to get to your location. Disney Caribbean Beach Resort is near Disney’s Disney Hollywood Studios.
The best rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort are the specially themed Pirate Rooms. The beds look like pirate ships, a wooden barrel hides the fridge, and everything is a pirate theme.
Disney Coronado Springs Resort
This resort is also a conference center, and you will find many guests who stay here are mixing business with pleasure. The buildings surround a lake, and some are a long walk to the main building with the food court and gift shop. There are three areas at Coronado Springs – The Casitas, The Ranchos, and The Cabanas. The main pool is The Dig Site, and there are also three quiet pools near each of three hotel areas. Coronado Springs has four bus stops scattered throughout the resort. Disney Coronado Springs is located near Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach.
Disney Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
Port Orleans French Quarter has a calm atmosphere with lots of open space for the kids to run around. It is the smallest of the Disney Moderate Resorts. The decor and menu reflect a New Orleans French Quarter Mardi Gras theme. Make sure and eat beignets for breakfast at the Sassagoula Fireworks counter-service restaurant. The main pool features a sea serpent slide. French Quarter guests may also use the Port Orleans Riverside facilities – the two resorts connect by a walkway along the Sassagoula River. Disney Port Orleans French Quarter is near Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios. French Quarter is small enough that there is only one bus stop to the Disney parks. Guests may take a boat to Disney Springs.
Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Port Orleans Riverside has an Old South feel. There are two distinct sections in the resort. In Magnolia Bend, the rooms are three or four story plantation-style mansions. In Aligator Bayou, the rooms are in rustic two-story “log” guesthouses. Ol’ Man Island is the main pool, and five quiet pools are also spread through the resort. In addition to a food court, Riverside is the home of Boatwright’s Dining Hall table-service restaurant. Riverside guests may also use the Port Orleans Riverside facilities. The two resorts connect by a walkway along the Sassagoula River. Riverside has four bus stops around the perimeter of the resort. Riverside is near Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios.
If there is a Princess in your party, make sure to book a Royal Guest Room in the Magnolia section. The theme is a royal welcome for Princess Tiana. Her Disney Princess friends left mementos for you to find in the room, and they appear in pictures hanging on the wall.
Ready to Book your Magic Your Way Vacation
My gal Patty at Magical Miles Travel will find you the best deals and help you plan the perfect Disney World Vacation.
I will make a small commission if you purchase through the Amazon links below.