We HIGHLY recommend Disney World hotels. Many people stay outside of Disney property to save a little money. In our opinion, the convenience and perks of staying in a Disney Resort FAR outweigh the small amount of money you might save by staying elsewhere.
top disney world hotel perks
- Every Disney Resort, no matter what level, is clean and well appointed.
- The resorts are all themed so that you will stay in “Disney mode” for your entire trip.
- The resorts offer activities such as movies, organized games, recreational activities, tours, and more.
- Pools! Pools! Pools! – all themed to match your resort.
- All Disney resorts have a quick service restaurant and many also have table service restaurants.
- Resort guests have exclusive access to the parks during Extra Magic Hours.
- Your Disney MagicBand is your park ticket, FastPass+, room key, and can even be your charge card.
- You can use Disney’s FREE Magical Express Service to get from the airport to your resort, so you do not need to rent a car or pay for airport transfers. Plus, Disney will pick up your luggage for you from baggage claim and deliver it to your room.
- Disney’s internal transportation system gives quick and convenient access to the theme parks, water parks, and Disney Springs.
- It is quick and easy to take tired kids back to your room for a mid-day rest before heading back to the parks later in the day.
- If you arrive before check-in time, Disney will store your luggage, activate your Magic Bands, and you are welcome to go to the parks or take advantage of the hotel amenities.
- Every Disney resort stocks basic grocery and medical items in their gift shop.
- Rapid Refill Mugs are available for purchase at every resort. With the mug, you get unlimited sodas, juice, and coffee. Plus it is a nice souvenir.
- If you stay at more than one resort during your trip, Disney will transfer your luggage for you.
extra magic hours
One of the perks of staying at a Disney hotel is access to the Extra Magic Hours (EMH). These are times when the park is open ONLY to Disney Resort guests and not to the general public.
Each park has Extra Magic Hours on designated days. Visit the calendar on the official Disney World website to find out the Extra Magic Hours during your trip.
disney world morning extra magic hours
- The designated park will be open ONE HOUR early for resort guests.
- The Disney buses and monorail will also run earlier for that park. Early boat transportation may vary by resort.
- Only specific rides will be open during the Extra Magic Hours
- Your MagicBand will be scanned when you enter the park to verify you are eligible for Extra Magic Hours.
disney world evening extra magic hours
- The designated park will be open TWO to THREE hours later for Disney resort guests.
- The Disney buses will run later for that park. Monorail and boat transportation may vary.
- Only specific rides will be open during the Extra Magic Hours.
- After park closing, your MagicBand will be scanned at each attraction to verify you are eligible for Extra Magic Hours.
how to best use disney world extra magic hours
- We recommend that you AVOID the Disney World park with Extra Magic Hours. That may sound crazy, but you can guarantee that the park with the EMH is going to be the busiest park that day.
- We have one exception to our recommendation to avoid the Extra Magic Hour parks. If you visit if AND ONLY IF you are there when the park opens (usually 8:00 am). Plan to leave the park by lunch time when the crowds will be higher than normal.
- What happens is that people plan to go to the morning EMH and have every intention of making it there right when that park opens. BUT most of them do not actually make it to that park on time. Instead of changing their plans, they still visit the park with the morning EMH. That means that as the day wears on, the park gets more and more crowded.
main differences between types of disney world resort hotels
disney resort transportation
Value resorts have bus transportation only. In addition to buses, most Deluxe resorts have an alternate form of transportation such a boat or monorail that will take you to a park. Some are even within walking distance of a park. Moderate resorts may have boat transportation to Disney Springs, but you take a bus to get to the parks.
disney hotel dining options
The Deluxe resorts all have at least one table service restaurant, and several have character meals. Instead of food courts, they have a small counter service dining area with somewhat more limited food selections. Moderate resorts may have a table service restaurant (no character meals), and all have large food courts. Value resorts have very large food courts with a wide selection of food.
disney resort rooms
The higher the level, the more square footage there is in the rooms. Deluxe rooms may have a patio or balcony area. Deluxe rooms also have either two queen beds or a king and may have a daybed for a 5th person. Value resorts have two double beds or a king. Moderate resorts have either two double or queen beds or one king in each room. As you move up room levels, you will get nicer pillows, sheets, towels, toilet paper, and shower products
ready to book your magic your way vacation
My gal Patty at Parks and Preston will find you the best deals and help you plan the perfect Disney World Vacation.
I will make a small commission if you purchase through the Amazon links below.